Hearing Aid Accessories
Much like today’s hearing aids, hearing aid accessories are advanced and have robust features. The variety of available accessories is one of the reasons that makes hearing aids so advanced and customizable for each user. Hearing aid accessories help you connect your hearing aids to the modern world and allow you to make the most of your hearing aids. They also help ensure that you won’t miss out on any listening experiences that are available to people without hearing loss. Here is a list of hearing aid accessories that you might choose to use or need to use with your hearing aids.
- Hearing Aid Batteries: Unless you have rechargeable hearing aids, you need batteries for your hearing aids. Both disposable and rechargeable hearing aid batteries are available. They are one of the most important accessories for your hearing aids.
- Hearing Aid or Battery Chargers: If your hearing aid batteries or hearing aid itself is rechargeable, then you will need the appropriate charger.
- Wax Guards: To protect your hearing aids from earwax build up.
- Cleaning Supplies: Keeping your hearing aids clean helps ensure that they don’t develop problems that can affect how they work. Your hearing aid cleaning kit should include: a cleaning brush, wax pick or wire loop, multitool with a brush and wax loop, and a hearing aid case.
- Hearing Aid Dehumidifier: If you live in a climate with a lot of humidity then you will want to have a hearing aid dehumidifier to dry out your hearing aids and keep them in optimal condition. You store your hearing aids in the dehumidifier overnight and whenever you are not wearing them.
- Bluetooth Streaming Devices: Many newer hearing aids are Bluetooth compatible. This means that they can be connected to your phone, music listening devices, or television.
- Assistive Listening Devices: These are used in conjunction with your hearing aids to help you hear better in challenging situations like loud rooms, classrooms, lecture halls, theaters, and music concerts. Other assistive listening devices help you be more independent by doing things like connecting your hearing aids to your home phone or vibrating when your alarm clock or doorbell sounds.
- Lifestyle Hearing Aid Accessories: If you are active, then these lifestyle hearing aid accessories will help you enjoy your active lifestyle without having to worry about anything happening to your hearing aids during activity. Lifestyle hearing aid accessories include sweatbands to prevent sweat from getting in your ears or on your hearing aids and clips to prevent your hearing aids from falling out during activity.
Hearing, Balance, & Speech Center is Here to Help You with all Your Listening Needs
Have more questions about hearing aids? We can guide you to the right size and style for you. Please contact us at Hearing, Balance, & Speech Center to speak with one of our hearing professionals. We are here to help you make the most of your hearing aids and take care of all your listening needs.